Breville Barista Express BES860XL Machine With Grinder Review
A great way to start a day is with a cup of espresso. The Breville Barista Express BES860XL, also known as the Barista Express Programmable Expresso machine, is a professional grade espresso maker that will deliver the perfect cup of espresso in just under two minutes. If you are a hard core espresso lover then you must check this espresso machine out.
If you are ready to buy the Breville Barista Express, click here to get the best price and service on the Internet.
Breville Barista Express BES860XL Product Features
Aside from the manual and programmable settings of Breville Barista Express, it also has a power save mode and dry puck feature. The 2 liter removable water tank has a charcoal water filtration system with a 250 ml sealed bean hopper capacity. It provides a hands free auto-stop grinding cradle with integrated conical burr grinder for the right amount of dispersion of grind size, may it be fine or a little bit coarse.
The grind amount could be preset or adjusted depending on the user’s choice. A 360-degree swivel steam wand is provided with a froth enhancer. You don’t have to worry about its storage compartment since it is concealed. It features certain innovations such as the auto-purge, beans to espresso in a minute, dual wall-crema system and triple-prime. The machine measures 14.5 inches in height, 12.6 in width and another 12.6 in depth.
Accessories Included With The Breville Barista Express
As you purchase BES860XL, you can find a cup and 2 single and dual-wall filters. To make sure that the compression of grinds is done in a proper way, there is a built-in tamper with a pressure guide. Also incorporated in the package is a coffee scoop for pre-ground espresso, steam wand and stainless steel frothing pitcher. There is also a cleaning kit included for a more convenient general cleaning use. The kit includes conical burrs’ cleaning brush, cleaning tablets and disc.
Summary of what current owners have to say about their Breville Barista Express
Majority of users who bought the Breville Barista Express are satisfied and believe this espresso machine is worth every penny. The programmable settings also earned a number of praises from busy individuals. The Italian-designed Thermoblock pump was also well liked for regulating temperature which is a big factor in the coffee’s excellent taste. Most users also stated how easy it is to use. The steamer is excellent and can even froth up skim milk.
Other customers were disappointed because the grinder stopped working after a short period of time. Speaking of the grinder, some users complained about how hard it is to clean the grinder. You have to disassemble it but it is really hard to get to the part where the espresso goes into the holder. Overall, there were not many things to complain about except for a few people receiving faulty units.
- Breville espresso machine can conserve beans for you since the burr grinder only grinds the amount of beans you indicate. Therefore, if you only need one cup of coffee and you put in too many beans then the other beans would be saved for your next coffee break. How convenient is that?
- You can regulate the grind size of the beans by adjusting the grind dial, where you can choose from finest to coarsest grind. The grind size can be adjusted automatically by the dual wall setting or the single wall filters with manual setting.
- This machine also uses a hands free grinding mechanism that allows you to do other things. For an ideal velvety crema, you can use the espresso pressure gauge to keep an eye on the extraction pressure.
- The swivel-action steam wand together with the frother attachment is used to texture the milk with more froth. A 360-degree ball is incorporated in the steam wand for effortless positioning and adjustment.
- Worried about cleaning up the machine? Worry no more as the dry puck feature will immediately remove excess water from the ground espresso.
- Automatically turns off after 30 minutes of idleness.
- Switch up filters for better tasting espresso.
- The cleaning tablets and discs of Breville Barista Express are somewhat difficult to find in stores or online.
- The cup warming tray heats up longer than expected.
- Every time you finish using the espresso machine, you are required to clean it thoroughly by removing its parts and reassembling again for future use.
- May be considered expensive to some people.
By WThis review is from: Breville Barista Express BES860XL Machine with Grinder (Kitchen)
I spent my Christmas 2009 reviewing expresso machines. I had just returned from a trip to Europe and finally was going to fold and get an expresso machine. I missed the expresso from Italy and France. 1oz of crema delight.
So, I liked the Breville from all the reviews but was worried about some of the negativity on the “wet puck” I had read. All the reviews mentioned excellent coffee though, so it was on my short list … Continue reading the original review and other reviews of the Breville Barista Express BES860XL
All in all, the Breville Barista Express BES860XL is a top of the line espresso machine. This machine is for those who are experienced with making espressos. A lot of thought and ingenuity went into the engineering of this machine and it shows. The design is beautiful and will look great on any kitchen counter top. The starter guide will walk you through everything you need to know to run the machine efficiently.
You can purchase the Barista Express Programmable Expresso Machine for less online at Amazon.com. It is also eligible for free shipping as well.
You may be interested in these Espresso/Coffee Machines: